Project title: Development and promotion of gourmet and wine tourism in the cross-border region of Bulgaria and Turkey (TransGourmeTour), application No: CB005.1.22.046
Subsidy coantract under the Instument for Pre-accession Assistance II No: RD-02-29-238/31.07.2017
Lead Partner: Haskovo Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Bulgaria
Partners: Edirne Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Turkey, NGO Thracian Sustainable Development, Bulgaria
Priority axis: 2: Sustainable tourism
Specific objective: 2.2: Increasing the cross-border tourism potential by developing common destinations
Duration: 12 months (01.08.2017 – 31.07.2018)
Total budget (in €): 73232,22
For LP: 41059,99 €
For PP1: 20133,00 €
For PP3: 12039,23 €
Overall objective of the project: Increasing the Bulgaria-Turkey cross-border cooperation capacity in the field of sustainable tourism, aiming enhancement of European territorial cohesion, through promotion of alternative forms of tourism.
- Increasing the capacity for sustainable tourism development in the border region of Bulgaria and Turkey through development and promotion of common destinations for gourmet and wine tourism.
- Using IT technologies to develop and promote the specific gourmet tourism in the cross-border region of Bulgaria and Turkey, as an alternative form of tourism.
- Project management.
- Information and publicity.
- Study of destinations for gourmet and wine tourism in Bulgaria and Turkey, and development of new common tourist packages.
- Creation of multilingual Tourist Gourmet Guide to the cross-border region of Bulgaria and Turkey, in two versions - Online platform and Mobile Application.
- Organization of culinary exhibitions, presentation of the Tourist Gourmet Guide and new tourist packages in Bulgaria and Turkey.
- Held 4 work meetings;
- Prepared 6 PP dossiers;
- Developed visualization, information and publicity;
- Carried out 2 Studies for gourmet and wine tourism destinations in Bulgaria and Turkey, and created a common database on 100 destinations;
- Developed 6 new common tourist packages for gourmet tourism in Bulgaria and Turkey;
- Created an Online platform of Tourist Gourmet Guide in 3 languages - Bulgarian, Turkish and English;
- Created a Mobile application;
- Organized 2 one-day culinary exhibitions in BG and TR;
- Held 2 press conferences in Edirne and Haskovo.
- 100 SMEs - hotels, restaurants, wine cellars, dairies, bakeries, food markets, farms
- 1000 representatives from the tourism sector - tour operators and tour agents, information centers, community centers, vocational schools for tourism and catering, tourism associations, NGOs, etc.
of the cross-border region of Bulgaria and Turkey.
The project is co-funded by European Union through the Interreg-IPA
CBC Bulgaria–Turkey Programme